Mission Statement: Our Role
About: Farmers Market Stakeholders Association is a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit Organization.
Who We Are: The Farmers Market Stakeholders Association is a group of small businesses, property owners and residents from the Farmers Market District who are interested in revitalizing the Dallas Farmers Market and surrounding Farmers Market Neighborhood.
Our Purpose: The Farmers Market Stakeholders Association was created to promote public safety, crime prevention, neighborhood revitalization and improved economic conditions and property values for area businesses, property owners and residents.
Our Role: Communication with City Government, City Staff, developers, businesses, property owners and anyone with a vested interest in the positive revitalization and economic development of the Dallas Farmers Market District.
- FMSA met with Public Safety Committee Chair and Chief Brown which led to increased police presence and crime initiatives in the Farmers Market District.
- FMSA sponsored the Harwood Street Market Event’s to promote the Dallas Farmers Market revitalization efforts and area businesses and vendors.
- FMSA opposed at the state level and stopped the St. Paul Apt Supportive Housing and Cadillac Apt Supportive Housing Projects in the Farmers Market Neighborhood. City Council voted in favor of FMSA 8 to 7 to deny project funding.
- FMSA met with City Manager’s Office and Various Council Members about the 2006 $6.6M Bond Money for the Improvement of Dallas Farmers Market. FMSA Members pushed for accountability and action which resulted in a RFP Task Force Committee that was formed to evaluate the long term plan for the Dallas Farmers Market. Resulting in a NEW Public Bid for the Privatization of Dallas Farmers Market.
- Three FMSA Members served on the RFP Task Force Committee responsible for Dallas Farmers Market Privatization.
- FMSA created a Draft PD Zoning Amendment for supportive housing and subsidized housing in the Farmers Market District. With the goal to begin procedures with the P & Z and City Council.
- FMSA supported at the state/local level the Evergreen Residence Supportive Housing Project with Family Gateway & First Presbyterian.
- FMSA Partnered with First Presbyterian on an Initiative to bring a Police Substation to the Farmers Market Neighborhood – resulting in the PAL/Police Substation Initiative at 515 Park Ave. Estimate Completion 2016.
- FMSA created and led the initiative to move The Bridge entrance to St. Paul Street to decrease loitering, street activity and criminal activity at DFM. FMSA Lobbied for City Council Leaders to support this move that occurred in 2014.
- Two FMSA Members were recently added to the Farmers Market TIF Board for FM District.
Why Join: FMSA is a volunteer and non-profit organization and our continued success with Dallas Farmers Market revitalization efforts, public safety and improved economic conditions and development requires the support and involvement of our membership. We rely on membership dues to pay basic overhead and operating expenses related to our revitalization efforts.
Membership: Please contact Rob Robinson. Cell: 972-489-1811. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas Farmers Market Stakeholders Association Officers:
President: Tanya Ragan
VP of Communication: Marilyn Pippin
VP of Membership: Rob Robinson
Treasurer: Leslie Ingendorf