Time/Location: 6:00 p.m./The Market
Call to Order: Mike Sanchez opened the meeting at 6:10 p.m.
Meeting Topics Discussed
- Upcoming Events
- Family Fun Day at the Dallas Zoo announced for 4/14/18
- Susan Armanovs announced Movie Nights – 3 movies every month in a different place around Dallas – May movies are at the Market starting May 5th
- Crosswalk needed at Pearl/Marilla intersection
- Several traffic studies were done last year – Mike to request study results/info.
- All are encouraged to email Adam Medrano’s office requesting action
- Crime Stats – Officer Matt Songer passed out reports and went over the stats
- Officer Matt Songer reported that the Stewpot is in nuisance abatement
- City has given a list of requirements – cameras, extra lighting, trash receptacles, etc.
- Covert activity has picked back up
- Safety Patrol
- Lieutenant Greg Dillard was introduced – he is evening safety patrol for downtown (private security/escort service for our community)
- It is not a police initiative as previously reported due to a lawsuit
- Community encouraged to still report it to 311 – City needs the data
- All Saints
- They bought the warehouse on corner of S. Ervay & Cadiz. Historically have provided services to the homeless in Oak Lawn. The current problem is the homeless are just “hanging” out around the warehouse causing problems (litter, public deification, etc.). Mike confirmed that the warehouse is in District 2, not Kingston’s district as previously believed.
- The Bridge
- There was a meeting at City Hall 4/9/18 re the Bridge ‐‐Mike attended and said it was 3 long hours, lots of emotion. Discussed good neighbor policy for area within the boundaries of I30‐S. Ervay‐Canton‐Marilla‐Harwood. Area was identified by the Bridge, which mentioned providing private security and self‐policing of area. Also considering a Hotline # for problems. Next meeting is 4/16/18.
- Discussed at the meeting with a City of Dallas attorney was the Farmers Market creating a Public Improvement District (PID) and withdraw from DDI. Positives and negatives need to be explored.
Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.