March 12, 2019
Directors In Attendance
- Guest Speaker Dallas Police Officer Daniel Nevarez. He discussed crime statistics for our area and the most common type of crimes committed in this area (in motor vehicles). Officer Nevarez shared his contact information: Cel # 214-283-4833 Daniel.Nevarez@dallascityhall.com
- We also heard from James Browning, City of Dallas Crosswalk Project. He brought the prints for the proposed crosswalks at the intersection of S. Pearl at Marilla (across from Ruibal’s Plants).
- Additionally, Jose Ruiz, City of Dallas Code Compliance spoke about the homeless encampments that are returning to the downtown area. He advised that giving a homeless person money or food is not the best way to handle that situation. He suggested the panhandlers be directed to the resources available to help: The Bridge or Our Calling. Mr. Ruiz’ cel # is 214-316-5555 or call 311 with concerns.
- Just a reminder, Scottish Rite Temple at 500 S. Harwood, Dallas, Tx. 75201 is hosting the Dallas Mayoral Debate on Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 6 pm. The debate is hosted by CityLab High School Foundation.
- Member Travis Bonick informed us of the Encore Park Spring Fest at 508 Park, downtown Dallas, on Saturday, March 30. Gates open at 1 pm, music starts at 2 pm. This is a public event.