Directors In Attendance
- Officer Daniel Nevarez gave the crime statistics. He mentioned that GMC vehicles are being targeted by thieves. The Harvest Loft vehicle break-ins are being committed by Hispanic males in a gray Toyota with a service or flashing light.
- Jose Ruiz with Dallas Code Compliance offered the suggestion that unauthorized food vendors be reported to 311.
- Dr. David Wody, Director of the Bridge, poke at length about the accomplishments the eleven year old organization has seen since outgoing Mayor Mike Rawlins helped organize and build it. Dr. Woody emphasized that The Bridge is more than a shelter but also promotes recovery, home acquisition, care, and housing plans.
- Dr. Woody appealed for more apartments be made available in our area for the homeless ready to move into housing.
- Dr. Woody offered pamphlets and cards offering information such as numbers to call and resources available.
- The crosswalk construction on Marilla at Pearl should be completed sometime in May, except for weather delays.
- The discussion about free parking around the market and in the City of Dallas owned garage attached brought forth a suggestion on possible charging $1 per hour after two hours free for customers and visitors of the Market.
- The new Amelia complex is almost complete. The new construction on Harwood at St. Louis is going to be an assisted living complex
- The D Link bus service has been discontinued. No replacement service has been offered at this time.