June 8, 2021
Rex’s Seafood Market
- Lawrence Sweeney; Ivy Sweeney; Mark Ruibal; Dr. Woody; Karen Pierre; Charles Dicks; David Alpulche; Levi Hooten; Jess King; Bryan Cruz
- The meeting started with everyone introducing themselves.
- Bryan Cruz with the Clean Team informed us that our DFW Security hours are 6:30 – 11 :00 pm, and encouraged us to use the See Say Now App for any issues or incident reports and to provide a good description; they are currently at 314 S. Harwood, but are moving to the National Building at 1401 Elm Street.
- Dr. Woody, President/CEO of The Bridge, informed us about providing services to the homeless, such as Amazon Smiles, a wishlist for The Bridge and Stewpot to benefit the homeless; they are still practicing Covid procedures, have only had 1 outbreak in 14 months; a big challenge is social distancing and spread reduction under Judge Clay Jenkins’ order, as they see over 900 people a day; they are reducing the number of people on campus; they test and quarantine positive people at a local hotel; help is needed to guide people to The Bridge campus.
- Lawrence went over the crime stats provided by Officer Shawn Hejke, crime numbers are up some, most activity being at 110 S Cesar Chavez Blvd.
- The old North Texas Food Bank building is being demolished starting in September. It will be the Pearl Loft Apartments, a 6-story building with 77 4 sq. ft. apartments, and the Food Bank is coming back to office on the ground floor.
- The speeders on Cesar Chavez are a big problem; people are speeding getting on and off of Cesar Chavez; it’s a residential area and we need signage saying 30 MPH Zone.
- Officer Johnny Garcia reminded us that Juan Contreras is our new code officer; the biggest problem right now is graffiti, the combination of both tagging and graffiti defacing properties; Fabian Ramirez is over the abatement team, their response time is 3-7 days, and they allow 7 days after issuing notice of the graffiti for the property owner to abate it.
- Karen asked about the status of the black bike lane bumpers that were taken and never brought back- Johnny contacted code compliance, but it’s not a code compliance issue, there’s a city person designated for that.
- Lawrence encouraged everyone to let the FMSA know if there are any issues.
- Next month’s meeting will be at the new Industrious office sharing space.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:45 pm.