February 8, 2022
Rex’s Seafood Market
Directors In Attendance
- Meeting was started at 6:05 by President Charles Dicks with 29 members in attendance.
- Senior Corporal C. Barnes from DPD gave a monthly report on crime in the area:
- It’s been a slow month with only 1 reported violent crime, and property crime down.
- He mentioned that there has been a rise in catalytic converters theft, so please keep an eye out for suspicious activity and don’t hesitate to call 911 immediately if you see anything worth reporting.
- Johnny García from DPD Code Compliance gave his monthly report:
- He mentioned that 311 is available for all of us to report any code complaints. In order for those complaints to be addressed properly and in a timely manner he reminded us that any complaint must be address specific. If anybody is curious about what constitutes a Code Violation he suggested they visit the Dallas City Hall website (https://dallascityhall.com/departments/codecompliance/Pages/default.aspx) and report using the 311 app. He also shared his number (469-519-0830) for anybody interested in learning more about code and what the city is doing to prevent and correct any issues.
- Rico Roberts from the Farmers Market security team gave his monthly report:
- He urged us to download the SeeNow app to report any graffiti or other anomaly in the area, telling us that they have a team ready to reply within the hour in most cases. To download the SeeNow app search your app store.
- FMSA Treasurer Jody Rivera gave her first financial report as elected officer:
- The association started this current period with $4852.73 in the bank, and after this month’s expenses (-$14.24) and memberships (+$400.00) our current cash balance is $ 5238.49
- Charles Dicks, president of the FMSA shared his organizational goals for 2022:
- Increase membership numbers by 100%
- Will create survey to better understand Farmers Market issues and membership, survey to be unveiled soon
- Create and/or maintain social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Announced the creation of a new official email for all inquiries and comments firstname.lastname@example.org
- Announced a revamped website and future updates to it including a streamlined invoicing process
- Announced that the construction process on Young St as part of the new Harwood Park will continue for the next month. For any inquiries or to learn more about the project, Representative Jesse Moreno shared his phone number (214-670-4048) and said he would be happy to answer any questions.
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:10pm