March 8, 2022
First Presbyterian Church of Dallas
Directors In Attendance
- Charles Dicks, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Alpuche, Secretary, email@example.com
- Jody Rivera, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Levi Hooten, Director-At-Large
- Mark Ruibal, Director-At-Large
- Susie Marshall, Director-At-Large
- Meeting was started at 6:07 by President Charles Dicks with 30 members in attendance.
- FMSA Barbara Gee has created a LinkedIn profile for the FMSA. Please give us a follow.
- Next month’s meeting will be at the patio of Reserve, the new Restaurant in the Farmers Market. Savannah Nordstrom, farm coordinator for The Shed will be our guest speaker.
- DPD Police report: Property crime went up this month. Reminder to lock doors and take valuables from cars. Every other kind of crime went down.
- Update about Pearl Lofts construction: There will be a City Council meeting on 3/9 to approve/deny the project, we are encouraged to write our city council representatives to voice our opinions/concerns.
- Ashley Houston, director of operations of the First Presbyterian Church of Dallas, shared with us the proposed plan to open the church garage to the public during weekends. If approved this will open 436 spots to the community, the largest parking in the area.
- Brenda Snitzer, Executive Director of The Stewpot, told us a brief history of the program, the services provided by the church (Meal services, community projects, ID renewal services, etc), and the future plans for expansion, including the renewal of 508 Park and Encore Park.
- Amy Desler, President of Encore Park, shared with us the plans for the Phase 2 of Encore Park, and the current programs including Community Yoga (Sundays at 12:30) and their upcoming Spring Break Concert on March 20th (details to come)
- Michael Meadows, who is serving as the Interim Executive Director forr the Encore Park project, gave us a brief explanation of the project before leading our walking tour.
- The space was acquired in 2011 with the purpose of “bringing people together through music, food and service to others.”
- The goal of this project is to create a place for social impact and economic opportunities.
- Once finished the project will have an event space, amphitheater, art galleries, a commercial kitchen to be used for events and by members of the Stewpot, a recording space, a screening room.
- We took a tour of Encore Park with drinks provided by The Stewpot (Thank you!).
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:43pm